Building Linux Images for OpenStack
In this advanced remote learning course, students will get an understanding of why building your own images for OpenStack might be preferred over pre-built images and the requirements that make up creating an image in OpenStack. We will run through user and operator expectations of a good image and show how to automate building images and building them manually. Students will walk away from this session knowing how to build the smallest possible image that works within an OpenStack environment.
- Technical IT Professionals
- OpenStack Administrators
- DevOps Engineers
- Software Developers
- Moderate experience with Linux command-line
- Moderate experience with OpenStack
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
- Windows: IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari5+
- Mac: Safari5+, Firefox, Chrome
- Linux: Firefox, Chrome
- Why Build Your Own Images?
- What Makes A Good Image?
- What Do Users Expect?
- What Do Operators Expect?
- How Do We Do All This?
- Can We Automate This?
- Hands-on Lab