Contributing to OpenStack
In this course students will learn how to become effective upstream OpenStack developers. Students will be introduced to best practices and proven tips for finding success as an OpenStack contributor. During the course, students will have the opportunity to submit real patches to OpenStack and become Active Technical Contributors. The class format is a combination of hands on labs, side by side mentoring, group projects and lectures.
- Technical IT Professionals
- DevOps Engineers
- System Administrators
- Basic Linux Command Line Knowledge
- Basic Networking Knowledge
- Basic Knowledge of Cloud Models
- Laptop with wifi
- SSH and SCP software
- • The Way of the Stacker: The Path to Influence in the OpenStack Community • Setting up Your OpenStack Development Environment
- • The Contribution Lifecycle: How to land a Patch in OpenStack
- • Beginning with Bugs: Where to start
- • OpenStack Documentation: Where documentation is treated like code
- • Code Contributions: It’s about more than your code!
|Time||9am to 4pm|