Understanding the Cloud and OpenStack
In this introductory course, students will receive an overview of the OpenStack Compute (Nova), Networking (Neutron) and Storage (Cinder/Swift) services. The journey begins with learning about the evolution of cloud computing and the OpenStack platform. Next, dive into the origin of OpenStack to gain an understanding of what OpenStack is and its practical applications. Finally, students end their journey by learning about real-world examples of how OpenStack benefits businesses worldwide.
- Individuals with no OpenStack knowledge
- Technical IT professionals
- Technical IT decision makers
- Download and Install Zoom client https://zoom.us/download
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
- Windows: IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari5+
- Mac: Safari5+, Firefox, Chrome
- Linux: Firefox, Chrome
- Before the Cloud
- What is Cloud?
- What is OpenStack?
- OpenStack Services
- Interacting with the Cloud
- OpenStack in the Real World
- After the Development of OpenStack